SKETY is a vocal group made up of young professional Czech jazz singers and musicians who are fully engaged in the contemporary scene. In July 2014, SKETY were awarded the prestigeous Ward Swingle Award in category Jazz at Vokal.Total in Graz. As each member also fronts their own projects including solo and big band appearances, their singing together is a rich and much loved platform for all of them. Despite their relatively short existence, SKETY have already established their name on the scene. Having recorded and performed with prominent artists, they have also made live performances on TV. Inspired both by contemporary world and Czech composers, they aim to bring the music they love to life.
- 2018 - two nominations in the Contemporary A Cappella Recording Awards -
song Týdytý in Best Jazz Song and Nech to koňovi in Best Hip Hop Song
- 2017 - The Golden Twelve - 12 weeks in the Czech National Radio Chart
- 2017 - 2nd prize at Aarhus Vocal Festival, Denmark
- 2017 - 2nd prize at Tampereen Sävel, Finland
- 2016 - rarb.org - album "SKETY" in the Picks of the year 2016
- 2016 - rarb.org - track "Václavák" in the Picks of the year 2016
- 2016 - Czech National Radio - Discovery of the Year in Legendy Nočního proudu
- 2016 - World Contemporary A Cappella Competition - 2nd Prize and Best jazz interpretation (Taipei, Taiwan)
- 2016 - CARA - 4 nominations of our debut album in the Contemporary A Cappella Recording Awards (Boston, MA, USA)
- 2016 - CARA - runner-up in category Best Jazz Song
- 2015 - CASA - track "Václavák" included in a compilation SING 12: This big!
- 2015 - rarb.org - 4.7 star review of our debut album
- 2014 - Vokal.Total - 1st Prize and Ward Swingle Award, category Jazz (Graz, AT)
- 2014 - Jirkovský písňovar - Gold diploma
"Skety is the closest thing I've ever heard to the Singers Unlimited!! That, my friends, is the highest praise I could offer them; besides the fact that their incredible music-making reduces me to tears! Most exciting, emotion filled, and intelligent live experience I've had in long time. Please support their creative endeavors. It's one of the best ways to keep real vocal jazz alive!!!"
Kim Nazarian / New York Voices
"I heard Skety the first time at Vokal Total Competition july 2014 and they totally blew me away. Their sense for musical styles and their musicality just thrilled me, and their vocal skills inspired me greatly. I am looking forward to hearing this fantastic group again soon. To me they are one of the future a cappella groups in the world. I love them!"
Anders Jalkéus / The Real Group
Andrea Figallo / Wise Guys